Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Life Changing Story.

So, everything has been going pretty good on the surface. But, what I haven't told you yet might shock you. I am in April fixing to start the summer between my second and third grade year. I have a secret that I have had since I can remember. My dad just had his 40th birthday party the day before, where I through a fit, because I didn't want to go with Frank (my great Aunt's boyfriend, whom is usually babysitting us during the summer's when my dad has us for his two weeks at a time or a month, who remembers that) to his house and grab some drinks for the party. My stepmother makes me go with him, as she thinks that I am just being a brat, she feels really bad this day. I finally get up the courage to tell my stepmother why I didn't want to go with Frank, and she breaks down. This man had molested me since I was about 3 years old. I was afraid of telling anybody, because Frank had a pool and we would always go there to swim...and I was afraid that everyone would get made at me for telling, so we couldn't go there anymore. The thoughts of a child...it is scary that something so small, could keep a child from telling when bad things are happening. I guess this shows that I have always been a people pleaser and have always put others needs/wants above my own. This scares me now though, when I see a child not wanting to go with someone, who is not their parent...I always freak out a little in belief that that person could be doing the same things to that child. My life was turned upside down that day. My dad felt that due to the circumstances and the fact that I would be in court a lot that I should live with him and my stepmother, that way my small town would not know what was going on with me and to protect me. (Although, come to think about it I figure that he really just wanted me so that he wouldn't have to pay child support while he is paying court costs and lawyers fees...maybe not, but that's just me). This started off the 1st worst year of my life. My blood brother came with me...as he had never left his little sisters side since she came home with him from the hospital. All of the councilors and invasive doctors visits were bad enough...the private school I was in was a nightmare, with a teacher from hell. If it weren't for my principal there, taking me under his wing and seeing me through everything and letting me know that I was loved, I don't know what I would have done. My stepmother became different towards me. She didn't like that dad would do things with just me and my blood  brother or just me by myself. She felt that my little half brother should be a part of everything that we did, even if it was just driving up to the gas station...no time alone. I really felt like on top of everything else I had gained an evil stepmother, who would make a 3rd grader iron her own uniforms (burning myself no less). When I would get to see my mom, I cried usually when we were together, wishing to come home with her. I hated seeing her cry all of the time as well. I missed my old life and thank the good Lord above I was able to get out of there after only a year! But, regardless everything had changed. My dads moms side of the family took my Aunt's side...saying that I lied...so, we no longer have that. My friends at school were all different towards me because I moved and then came back. The truth told to my stepmother became a life changing story. Maybe that is why I have fear to speak? 

No comments:

Post a Comment