Wednesday, June 8, 2011

New Addition!!

When I was in first grade my little half brother came home to my dads house. Instantly, I had decided that I would mother him and he would always do what I said, even if it was only once a week and every other weekend, he would know who was boss...lol. In essence I treated him much like a toy or a doll. My favorite doll!! I loved that baby with all of my heart, I wanted him to be the best at everything. I taught him how to ride a bike without training wheels when he was 3...he was also riding motorcycles with me...and diving off of the diving board in the deep end! I loved bragging about my little brother. He and I are to this day very close! The only thing that could have screwed me up a little with getting this new little brother is that I was kind of at odds with my place in sibling order. I was the baby at my moms and now at my dads when I was supposed to be daddy's little girl...I was now daddy's middle child. I think that I adjusted well, until I started realizing as my half brother started getting older, We started getting left out (we meaning my blood brother and I, as well as my stepmom's son). My dad started taking vacations with just his new family of 3 and we would be left hurt and upset. He would always try and do the turn around, that I was at my moms that weekend or it would just cost too much money for all of us to go...how does that make a young child feel...like well I guess me being there wasn't worth it to my dad. That hurt and when looking back still kind of does. But, now I know that my dad really does love me...he really just is a tight ass when it comes to money and doesn't take into consideration his actions and the affect that they might have on others. I can live with that now that I am older, was just very disheartening and confusing as a child. But, enough about my dad...as I am sure that I will get back to him in a blog all of his own...lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment